Halloween Shows and a Whole Lot More in This Week’s Complete Concert Calendar: October 24-31
Pretty much all the live music happening in the Twin Cities this week.
11:57 AM CDT on October 25, 2022
Boo! Yes, Halloweekend is on the horizon, and you'll see plenty of costume-friendly shows in the listings below. But there are some selections for the masquerade-averse amongst us as well.
Tuesday, October 25
Wednesday, October 26
Thursday, October 27
- Miloe (EP Release) with Ricki Monique and RIOTGRRRLDARKO @ Fine LineThe EP in question is gaps, a six-song collection that spotlights the smooth Minneapolis singer's evolving groove—often driven by his acoustic guitar, with funk spruced up by the percolation of Afrobeats.
Friday, October 28
Saturday, October 29
- The Suburbs, Cindy Lawson @ GranadaHey, have you been to the refurbished Granada? The former Suburban World is really gorgeous on the inside, among the remaining good reasons to visit Uptown these days. And a good reason to visit the Granada this week is to catch pioneering local new-wavers the Suburbs. Opening is Cindy Lawson, now fully back on the scene after a couple decades; her solo album New Tricks is so good we can stop calling her “former Clams member” and start saying just “the current Cindy Lawson.”
Sunday, October 30
- Haley and Lanue @ DakotaA sharp pairing of singer-songwriters, this is. Haley's been unheard from for a bit—unsatisfied with what was to be her latest album, Hunca Munca, she's hied off to Eau Claire for a mulligan with producer Brian Joseph. Meanwhile, Sarah Krueger, has followed up her self-titled debut as Lanue with Fire in My Mind, and EP of artfully, electronically modulated introspection produced by Alan Sparhawk.
- Moodie Black with Birth Order and Butter Boys @ 7th St EntryA key figure in the local noise rap scene until she struck out west for L.A., Moodie Black has picked a timely weekend for a homecoming. Her most recent track, "Flick," is heavy and, well, moody, and hopefully a preview of more to come.
Monday, October 31
- illuminati hotties with Enumclaw and GUPPY @ Fine LineIn a time of touring uncertainties, we’re pretty lucky to have Sarah Tudzin’s hotties hit town twice in the same year. Let Me Do One More is one of the few albums to treat our absurd moment with the gonzo disrespect it deserves.
More from Racket
Drama at Mia: Controversial Termination, ‘Toxic’ Work Environment Allegations
Plus Dean Phillips campaign gets deeply weird, leaked ShotSpotter intel, and how's Lindell holding it together in today's Flyover news roundup.
‘There Is No Room for Hiding’: How Krump Created a Dance Community in Minnesota
The L.A.-born dance style, built around communal support, has a home in Minnesota.
Food & Wine Experience
It’s Friday. It’s Lent. Let’s Talk Fried Fish on This Week’s Open Thread.
Time to talk about whatever you want here at Racket.
Freeloader Friday: 52 Free Things To Do This Weekend
Book sales! A Black-owned business market!